Cat Vet Food & Specialist Food
Veterinary Food and Specialist Food for CatsA selection of dietetic food designed to meet the specific needs of cats burdened with health issues
- Renal issues: Kidney disease or stones can be extremely painful for your cat and require a careful diet with limited levels of certain minerals. This renal veterinary food is low in phosphorus, known to exacerbate kidney problems, but rich in omega-3, vital for keeping inflammation and blood pressure low. It is designed to be low in protein, which can help keep lean muscle without overloading your cat’s kidneys.
- Urinary health: Cats are prone to urinary tract infections, feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD) and urinary stones, all of which can be painful and debilitating. The idea of a veterinary food for urinary health is that the ingredients can not only help prevent struvite and oxalate stones from forming but also help break them down if they have already developed. A urinary vet diet is also packed full of key ingredients chosen for their ability to promote water absorption, as taking on plentiful fluids can help reduce your cat’s suffering.
- Obesity: There are many possible causes of obesity in cats, both natural and ‘man-made’. It could be that your cat is eating more food than it needs or, along a similar line, that it is not getting enough exercise to burn off the food it is eating. Some cats are just genetically prone to put on weight. Whatever the cause, it is something that should be combatted as soon as possible, as it can lead to other, more serious health issues such as diabetes or heart disease. Chances are, your overweight cat loves its food, so this tailored veterinary diet has been designed to appeal to a fussy palate. However, it is low in fat and calories, rich in protein to keep your cat feeling full and enriched with vitamins and nutrients key to maintaining your cat’s health and boosting metabolism.
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet: Choose from our range of veterinary cat food in both wet and dry varieties.
- Hill's Prescription Diet: This range of wet and dry veterinary food is full of vital nutrients needed to assist the treatment of illnesses and help improve your cat's health. Browse Hill's Prescription Diet's Cat Food and find what you’re looking for.
- Integra Protect: This selection of veterinary diets is designed for a variety of health problems, including digestive issues to advanced kidney disease. Browse our veterinary cat food for tasty wet and dry food options for your cat.
Browse the zooplus shelves for the veterinary diet that suits you and your cat. Somewhere in our extensive range of Veterinary Food and Specialist Food, there is bound to be a food for you, whether you choose based on brand, personal recommendations or price. Choose how you shop - you can either select the veterinary diet based on its brand or choose a food based on the illness you are looking to treat. The choice is yours and it couldn’t be simpler - or better value! Discover your unwell cat's ideal diet today at zooplus.