Wet dog food for dogs aged 1+, designed to help to dissolve struvite and oxalate stones as well as to treat bacterial bladder infections and lower urinary tract infections.
Dogs with lower urinary tract infections need to be fed a diet that promotes good health of the urinary organs. Urinary tract infections can result in the formation of urinary stones (including struvite stones and calcium oxalate stones).
Royal Canin Urinary S/O is a dietetic wet dog food for dogs aged 1+ that helps to support the treatment of bladder infections and urinary stones. The special recipe of this moist dog food helps to dissolve urinary stones, struvite stones and struvite crystals, and it also helps to prevent the re-occurrence of urinary stones by giving the urine a lower relative supersaturation (RSS) value (a measure of crystal and stone forming potential of urine). Royal Canin Urinary S/O can also help in the treatment of bacterial bladder infections, and promotes increased urine volume.
Recommended for (indications):
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Dissolving struvite crystals/ stones
- Bacterial bladder infections
- Prevention of calcium oxalate stones
- Prevention of struvite stones
- Chronic renal insufficiency, metabolic acidosis
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Parallel treatment with drugs that increase urine acidity
- Lactating bitches, pregnant bitches or puppies
Duration of treatment:
- Dissolving struvite stones: The recipe has been designed to help to effectively dissolve struvite stones.
- Diluting urine: Increased urine volume to prevent formation of struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Low RSS value: Helps to reduce the level of ions that form struvite and oxalate crystals in the urine.
- Low Magnesium content: Magnesium is one of the main components of struvite stones (Ammonium magnesium phosphate).
5 to 12 weeks or until the urinary crystals have dissolved. In cases of bladder infection you should continue using this food for at least 1 month after first diagnosis.
RSS level (RSS = relative Supersaturation) optimisation prevents formation of struvite and calcium oxalate stones.