When dogs don't want to obey, this is both stressful and from time to time rather dangerous. Stopping an instinct-driven dog that ignores its owner's commands can be challenging. But why do some dogs refuse to be obedient? How can you avoid errors in training and how can you teach your dog to be obedient?
Table of contents
- Dogs long for clear rules
- Is obedience worthwhile for your dog?
- Why do some dogs simply not obey?
- The most common reasons for canine disobedience
- Unclear commands and constant repetition
- The right timing is crucial
- Stay consistent!
- Can obedience be trained?
- Should my dog attend a dog school?
- What obedience training options are out there?
- When should your dog be on its lead?
- Success depends on you