Has your dog ever had bald patches in its fur although it is otherwise well? Demodex mites could be the cause. These small parasites populate the fur of dogs and trigger demodicosis when they reproduce heavily. Find out in this article how you can help your pet and what else you need to know about demodex mites with dogs.
Table of contents
- How problematic are demodex mites with dogs?
- Manifestations & symptoms: What are the most significant symptoms?
- Diagnosis: How can demodex mites in dogs be detected?
- Treatment: What are the treatment options?
- Prognosis: What are the chances of recovery with demodex mites?
- Prevention: How do I avoid demodicosis in dogs?